When I started my fitness transformation the only thing I knew is what I didn’t want to do… go to the gym. I already felt bad enough about myself I sure as hell didn’t need to see Greek Gods walking around all smiling and happy and poking fun at me because I had no idea what this machine was or how to use it. I didn’t (and really still don’t) understand half the crap that most fitness fanatics were talking about. But I know one thing, I lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks, my endurance went through the roof, my IBS cleared up, I feel like Superman, and I did it all at home in less than an hour a day, thanks to Beachbody.
My SO and I had been talking about it, and one morning about 3 am I finally just did it. I bought Focus T25. I had to shut the commercial up. “Get in the best shape of your life in only 25 minutes a day”, “creator of insanity Shaun T”, “30 day money back guarantee”. It just would not stop!
It was the second best decision I have ever made. Deciding to do Kung-Fu was the first, but holy crap has Focus T25 really been a good decision.
It was such a good decision in fact that I have decided to help others by becoming a Team Beachbody Coach. Coaching is a free service offered by Beachbody. Your coach can help you decide which program is right for you, help keep you motivated and offer suggestions. Team Beachbody Coaches are not fitness experts they are just “products of the product” they are just a couple of steps ahead of you on the same journey.
As a coach I now am thinking about everyone else and how to make the their body transitions easier. Being a complete novice when it comes to fitness I really could have used some more info on clean eating. That is why I try and get every person starting out on this journey to first do Autumn Calabrese’s 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme [hinsforth 21DF(X)]. These are the same program but the extreme one has a more challenging workout set. The workouts are:
• Total Body Cardio Fix. Rises your heart rate, boosts your metabolism into overdrive for long-lasting weight loss benefits.
• Upper Fix. Specifically works the back, shoulders, arms, chest and abs for a great swimsuit body.
• Lower Fix. Works the thighs, calves and butt for the rest of your beach-ready body.
• Pilates Fix. Uses core strength moves to tone and elongate the torso and tighten up your thighs, butt and hips.
• Cardio Fix. Insanity cardio workout that kicks the first workout into overdrive.
• Yoga Fix. Boosts flexibility and relaxes your muscles to keep them in perfect tone.
This is a great well rounded workout, has a little bit of everything and will let you know where you you might like to go after 21DF(X).
The other reason I think 21DF(X) is there is a great portion control system that will help you learn how to eat cleanly. The 21DF(X) system is not a diet it’s an eating plan.
The eating program uses a color coded system of containers and a Shakeology Shaker Cup to give you perfect portion control every time with zero mistakes. If it fits in the container, you can eat it, and you’ll lose weight.
1. Green Container (8oz): For vegetables
2. Purple Container (8oz): For fruits
3. Red Container (6oz): For proteins
4. Yellow Container (5.3oz): For carbohydrates
5. Blue Container (2.7oz): For healthy fats and cheeses
6. 2 Orange Containers (2oz): seeds and dressings
7. Shakeology Cup: For mixing drinks
Believe it or not this is my next round after I finish Focus T25. 21DF(X) is really the foundation for anyone serious about their body/lifestyle transformation. I know for a fact that I am still over eating and counting calories is driving me slowly crazy! 21DF(X) will help me start a clean eating habit, maybe I’ll become lucky enough to be a clean eating addict! 🙂
If you are interested in a fitness transformation go to https://kungfuwithwashu.com/team-beachbody/join-tbb/ to fill out a quick questionnaire so we can both hit the ground with both feet running, and then sign up at http://beachbodycoach.com/washu